BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 25, 2010

a dream I can't remember.

we ran through the sewers, trying to get away from something.
something horrible, something so rancid in body and soul that even in my dreams I couldn't get away from it.
sound familiar?
but then you left me on my own, to fend off this demon by myself.
and I did.

then you were there.
and everything bad seemed to go away.
we rolled around on the wood flooring, our embrace tight,
our witty dialogue tighter.
then you left again.

I realize that this mimics real life. Only having you for ten days, then only for three hours.
maybe someday I'll have you for a month, a year, a lifetime.

but maybe I'll fight my demons on my own and I won't need you anymore, and in my dreams I can be my own superhero and my own crutch.

I'm learning, slowly but surely, that my relationships don't have to be like those of a drunkard and a light post. I don't have to use people for support rather than illumination.

we need sunlight.
let the sunshine in.
sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment